The Bruntwood Prize for Playwriting has announced its judging panel for 2015, which will mark the award’s 10th anniversary.
Britain’s largest playwriting competition, a partnership between Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre (pictured) and property company Bruntwood, is accepting entries until 30 January.
The panel will be chaired by Nicholas Hytner, former artistic director of the National Theatre, and will feature:
• Sarah Frankcom (artistic director, Royal Exchange)
• Vivienne Franzmann (playwright and former Bruntwood winner)
• Ramin Gray (artistic director, Actors Touring Company)
• Bryony Lavery (playwright)
• Michael Oglesby (chairman, Bruntwood)
• Miranda Sawyer (writer and broadcaster)
• Meera Syal (actor and writer).
The 2015 Bruntwood Prize for Playwriting is open to writers in the UK and Ireland aged 16 and over.
Since the competition’s launch in 2005, 17 playwrights have been awarded a total of £160,000. Winning playwrights have gone on to have work produced at the Royal Court Theatre, Almeida Theatre, on Broadway and in the West End.