Applications are open until 15 April 2016 for pitches to CINARS. The opportunity offers companies the chance to talk about a new project or a work in progress in front of artists, agents and presenters taking part in the 2016 CINARS Biennale.
The Pitch Session allows 8 companies and/or artists selected by a jury to share information about:
- A work in progress
- OR A new work that has never been performed in front of an audience
- OR A production that can’t be adapted to a showcase format, because of length or set design
A description of each of the selected projects/creations will be featured in the registrants’ bag as well as on the 2016 CINARS Biennale website and mobile app.
Each artist/company will have seven minutes to share information about the work or project (five minutes of presentation and two minutes for questions).
Your presentation can be in French or in English. A simultaneous translation service will also be available.
YOUR APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE:
- A short description (150 words)
- A video excerpt (Vimeo or YouTube) or JPEG photos
- The length (approximate for a work in progress)
- The date and location of the premiere (if known)
- What you are seeking (a residency, an artistic collaboration, a coproduction, a financial partnership, a presenter, etc.)
PLUS: The fee and touring conditions based on one week (including the number of performances); the name and title of the person who will do the presentation; a letter of intent that explains why you would like to be selected for the Pitch Session
Selected artists/companies must register as an exhibitor with a booth, half-booth or table in the exhibition hall, or be registered as an additional exhibitor.
A CAD25 (€17) fee will also be charged to process this application. Apply online here.