Website The Young Writer`s Club
Fixed Fee of £1650
Start Date: Thursday 28 January 2021
Cast, Doncaster’s iconic theatre, are looking for an experienced, professional Playwright with experience of leading workshops with children and young people to lead our new Young Writers Club. The role will include leading workshops for young people aged 8 – 11, 11 -14 and 14 – 21, through which they will develop short scripts which will be performed and showcased by professional actors on one of Cast’s stages. This also includes attending a script R&D day and rehearsal day. You will also mentor an emerging playwright in the early stages of their career, who will be developing a piece of writing as part of this programme.
The successful applicant will:
- Plan, prep and deliver workshops
- Mentor an emerging writer
- Read and provide feedback on Young Playwright Club’s writing
- Attend showcases and rehearsal days
- Contribute towards evaluation.
The start date of this role is Thursday 28 January 2021 and will finish after the Showcase on Thursday 18 March 2021. Currently the workshops will only be held online with the possibility of working in person (dependant on Government guidance). If working in person is available there is a small budget for transport support if needed.
Please send us a copy of your CV, two references (one based on your work and the other based on your suitability to work with children and young people) and the answers to the following questions:
- An overview of your experience as a playwright
- An overview of your experience working with children and young people.
- A brief outline of how you would approach this project.
Deadline is Wednesday 20 January 2021 at 9am followed by a conversation with the Head of Participation on Thursday 21 or Friday 22 January 2021.