Website Empire State Youth Orchestra
JOB TITLE: Empire State Youth Orchestra Education Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Music Director
STATUS: Full time exempt
MISSION: The mission of Empire State Youth Orchestra is to challenge and inspire young people to achieve excellence through music in a rigorous learning environment leading to high-level performance opportunities.
JOB SUMMARY: The Education Coordinator is responsible for cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive learning environment for all ESYO students and musicians, providing support and assistance to the CHIME teaching artists, Coaching staff, and Ensemble conductors, and developing audience enrichment opportunities. Specifically, this includes the facilitation, oversight, and assessment of curriculum and instructional opportunities that support students’ musical advancement, the coordination of meaningful and relevant training and professional development for faculty, and the creation of engaging experiences for audiences and stakeholders.
- Conduct regular audits to identify and recommend improvements to educational programming, particularly with respect to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Design, develop, facilitate and evaluate instructional opportunities for students, and engaging educational experiences for audiences and stakeholders.
- Coordinate meaningful and relevant faculty training and professional opportunities.
- Clearly articulate ESYO’s scope and sequence to all constituencies (members, faculty, staff, Board, public), and actively support adherence to a common curriculum.
- Manage the collection, analysis, and summarization of education assessment and evaluation data (including entrance and preparedness auditions); provide timely updates, reports and recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinate impactful online educational experiences for students, faculty, and audiences; for example, a speaker series or instructional clinics.
- Curate online resources and online educational materials.
- Coordinate outreach to regional music educators.
- Participate in recruitment efforts.
- Coordinate college and conservatory preparatory experiences and facilitate counseling for college/conservatory bound students.
- Participate in the cultivation of alumni relations.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience working in the field of arts education with a 4- year undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with various music education pedagogies and the culture of youth orchestras and/or community music schools in combination with demonstrable experience working with music teachers and students.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrable ability to effectively facilitate meetings, present publicly, and provide professional and appropriate business level written information utilizing various media.
- Strong orchestral music knowledge.
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities and populations and work cooperatively in a small open workplace environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to youth education.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Submit the following documents by March 15.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae and three professional references with contact information
- 500-word Personal Statement that details your relevant experience and describes your music education philosophy.
ESYO is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Candidates must have the ability to complete a criminal background check.