Website The Metropolitan Opera
The Metropolitan Opera is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented Development Associate to join our dedicated Development team. The Associate provides administrative support for the Assistant General Manager, Development. This individual is essential for facilitating all administrative needs, drafting acknowledgment letters, and the maintenance of fundraising materials.
The right person for this role…
- has experience providing high-level administrative support, preferably to senior management
- possess an independent and proactive initiative with the ability to work efficiently and accurately to meet critical deadlines
- has exceptional communication skills and the ability to write eloquently
- must have the necessary poise, discretion, and judgment to work well with high-level Board members, senior management, colleagues and support staff
Administration and Correspondence
- Organize cultivation activities, including calling/e-mailing invitations, confirming guests, vouchering and delivering tickets, making Grand Tier restaurant reservations, place- carding tables, and updating Tessitura records after the event.
- Work with the subscriptions and special services office to provide high priority ticketing assistance to Met donors and prospects. E-mail ticket orders to Customer Care; make trips to Box Office and handle ticket exchanges.
- Maintain fundraising materials for new productions and prepare information for solicitors.
- Draft and proofread social correspondence and acknowledgment letters.
- Update records in Tessitura; handle mailings.
- Help prepare gift agreement letters and contracts.
- Update campaign tracking reports and serve as liaison with development staff solicitors.
- Assist with Board of Directors, meetings and mailings; track RSVPs for events; help prepare and assemble Board handbook and Board Directory.
- Maintain and update fundraising projection spreadsheets and documents.
- Process gifts and pledges from Patrons and Major Donors for submission to the Finance Department.
- Process invoices, purchase orders and expense reports; maintain expense budget.
- Administrative tasks such as answering phones, making car/restaurant reservations, preparing photocopies, opening mail, and organizing meetings.
- Schedule appointments and make follow-up telephone calls.
- Submit weekly payroll through MPS for Development team members
- Help staff galas and major fundraising events.
- Distribute and reconcile petty cash.
- Assists department senior-level managers on specific projects, as needed.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- College degree or equivalent required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively; the diplomacy and good judgment needed to balance multiple tasks
- Solid computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and databases. Knowledge of Tessitura a plus.
- Familiarity with opera and the performing arts a plus
- Regularly required to sit, talk, and hear
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion and to stand, walk, reach, bend
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Please follow this link to submit your application materials: https://form.jotform.com/200134406236139
Internal candidates should please contact the Human Resources department directly to apply.
- Job Function: Administrative Assistant
- Entry Level: Yes
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 0-1 Year
- Required Travel: None
- Salary: $42,000.00 (Yearly Salary)
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.