MKI Artists is a unique artist management firm committed to remaining at the forefront of our always changing industry. We take great pride in the work we do with artists, presenting organizations, and orchestras throughout North America and the world to help put a new face on classical music and ensure that it remains a vital art form.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated individual to serve as a Booking Agent with a proven track record who will fit into our exceptionally collaborative, positive, and mission-driven culture. Our experienced and high-producing team is laser-focused on helping our artists identify and achieve ambitious aims by meeting and exceeding clearly defined revenue and customer service goals. This position includes individual booking responsibilities while also managing the day-to-day communications with a select group of artists. We are based in Burlington, Vermont, but are team is distributed throughout the United States and this position can be done remotely.
Duties and responsibilities:
- build and maintain strong personal relationships with presenting organizations throughout a defined territory
- create and support strong personal relationships with a select group of our artists, manage the day-to-day communications with them, and participate in strategy and project development meetings
- speak convincingly and knowledgeably about our artists and their programs, projects, and collaborations
- successfully meet or exceed quarterly booking goals
- effectively close deals that are profitable, equitable, and comprehensive
- work collaboratively with our Managing Director and colleagues to execute a strategic booking and business development plan that will lead to 20% annual revenue growth in each of the next three years
- participate in booking conferences and attend performances (limited travel)
Qualifications, skills, and attributes:
- successful track record in booking and/or sales
- expert knowledge and passion for classical music
- highly organized and diligent and effective at juggling numerous conversations
- personal relationships with presenting organizations, artists, and influencers throughout the industry
- ability to operate independently and solve day-to-day challenges and issues guided by broad principles and objectives
- strong team player
- knowledge of Overture Booking Agency Software and/or an ability to adapt quickly to new software and technology
MKI Artists offers competitive compensation with employee benefits that include an individual health insurance plan, holiday and paid time off, and employer-contributed IRA plan, among others.
Please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.