Website Chicago Children's Choir
For more than 60 years, Chicago Children’s Choir (CCC) has worked to inspire, unite and change the lives of youth through music. What began as a small choir in Hyde Park born in the midst of the Civil Rights Movement to foster racial understanding has since grown into a nonprofit with an international footprint that is Chicago’s premier arts education and performing organization. CCC serves every corner of Chicago’s 57 zip codes through a vast network of 140 choirs whose singes bridge cultural and economic divides to become ambassadors for peace.
In a traditional year, CCC provides transformative programs through partnerships with over 90 schools, 11 community-based after-school music programs, Dimension, an ensemble for singers with changing or changed voices, and the world-renowned Voice of Chicago choir. As a national and international touring ensemble, CCC has performed for dignitaries such as former President Barack Obama, Nelson Mandela and former Chinese President Hu Jintao and with artists such as Chance the Rapper, Yo-Yo Ma, Andrea Bocelli, Beyoncé and Celine Dion.
Over the past year, CCC has thrived, creating high quality online programs and virtual content that brings hope and light to audiences across the globe.
CCC is a civic treasure and model for urban music education with more than 75% of youth able to access its programming free of charge.
Serving as a member of CCC’s development staff, the Associate Director of Individual Giving will develop and grow relationships between key stakeholders and the Choir. This position is responsible for strategy and execution of a robust individual giving program, including prospect identification and qualification, donor communications and stewardship, annual fund, mid-level, and planned gift solicitation, and oversight of the Ambassadors Board. This position is expected to significantly grow annual philanthropic support from individuals, exclusive of event support, by end of fiscal year 2023. This position reports to the Choir’s Chief Development Officer, works closely with the Senior Manager, Donor Services on database management and prospecting, and cross-departmental collaboration on the integration of special events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage a diverse portfolio of donors and prospects, helping donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through CCC
- Serve as a key solicitor for the organization, working closely with the President & Artistic Director, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Development Officer on an active solicitation program
- Develop the broad base of CCC supporters and expand the reach of the organization
- Act as liaison to Ambassadors Board, CCC’s young professionals board, and manage their solicitation activities
- Participate in the Development Committee of the Board of Directors
- Work with Chief Program Officer to leverage parent community for volunteers, donor prospect and advocacy
- Coordinate with CDO and marketing team to deliver effective communications to donors and prospects
- In concert with Senior Manager, Donor Services, leverage a robust central database of CCC supporters and provide engagement reports for select constituents
- Attend external events and represent CCC with community stakeholders and donors/supporters
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years professional experience in a non-profit setting with demonstrated advancement in responsibilities
- Direct experience soliciting mid-level gifts
- Demonstrated experience in building successful annual giving plan
- Excellent oral presentation and writing skills
- Team player who is motivated to augment the efforts of the organization in general and the development department specifically
- Experience with CRM applications/fundraising software
- Flexibility to work after regular office hours for concerts and events
“OTR” LIFE EXPERIENCE: We know that many of your most character-building experiences — where resilience, grit and grace were required to persevere — do not show up neatly on a resume. So, we want to hear some of those “OTR” (“off the resume”) moments for you. In order to be on the CCC team, EQ (emotional intelligence) is not a nice-to-have…it’s a must. So, show us your EQ.
A NOT-SO-FUN FACT: We know research tells us that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and people of color tend to only apply when they feel they’ve checked every single box. If you are unsure that you’ve checked every box above, but you think you have what it takes to enhance CCC as we grow our team, we want to hear from you.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary with benefits for full-time employees including paid vacation, medical, dental and life insurance, as well as tax-deferred retirement plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chicago Children’s Choir is an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, disability, or veteran status in admission or access to, or employment in, its programs and activities.
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 3-5 Years