Exclusively for IMZ Members, the European Broadcasting Union EBU is offering a new pitching format, supporting development and research projects for intended film and TV co-productions with a performing arts bias (Pitch I). The winning proposal will receive up to €20,000 development financing on behalf of the EBU.
In the second part of the callout, EBU members will be offered the chance to join as coproduction partners for intended productions (Pitch II).
The opportunity is open to all full and affiliate IMZ Members.
Want to be in with a chance of getting your idea broadcast?
- Eligible project proposals are productions of music and dance programming of any kind. See suggested topics below (for guidance only).
- Projects lending themselves to distributed co-production (such as production in multiple territories, using co-producers’ technical resources).
- Projects offering unique access to a musical personality.
- Projects presenting classical music or opera to young audiences.
- Projects linked to major late 2017 / early 2018 anniversaries (Russian Revolution 1917, Reformation in Europe 1517 etc.)
- Projects containing an online or digital delivery element.
SHEDULE AND DEADLINES
Send proposals to the IMZ Office 3 May.
Pre-selection by the EBU Music and Dance Bureau 4 May.
Announcement of selected proposals by the IMZ 6 May.
Pitch I, Vienna, 15 June
Announcement of the winning project by the IMZ, 20 June.
Announcement of winning project at 53rd International Television Festival Golden Prague, September.
Pitch II, Berlin, February 2017
RULES AND GENERAL CONDITIONS
The EBU Broadcasters Jury consists of the following representatives:
Nicolas Auboyneau: head of music and performing arts at France Télévisions
András Doncsev: head of culture at MTVA Hungary
Arild Erikstad: executive producer, editor music TV at NRK Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation
Laetitia Huberti: chief editor for Classical Music at RTBF
Robert Kamyk: head of music programmes at TVP
Lothar Mattner: head of classical music and dance at WDR
Further members of the jury will be announced soon.