· Help us achieve our vision to be a patron centric orchestra of the 21st century
· Collaborate with our Music Director to entertain, inspire and educate audiences
· Manage our community engagement and education initiatives
QSO is Queensland’s largest performing arts company and the State’s only professional symphony orchestra. In 2017 QSO has been awarded a Queensland Greats Award in recognition of its significant contributions to the life and culture of Queensland and Australia over the past 70 years. QSO engages with more than 1.2 million people each year presenting over 150 live performances and other activities including digital streaming, broadcasts, recordings, touring and education and community workshops. QSO plays a pivotal role in Queensland’s arts landscape – educating children; mentoring aspiring musicians and arts industry workers; and performing with ballet and opera companies. In addition to staging exciting blockbuster events, QSO attracts distinguished conductors and world renowned soloists as part of its critically acclaimed concert series.
Have you successfully planned an annual season for an arts organisation that has delivered artistic and strategic business outcomes? Are you an experienced negotiator who is well networked in the performing arts arena? Are you adept at bringing all the pieces together to meet time-critical deadlines? Does the opportunity to bring your skills and expertise to Queensland’s largest performing arts company excite you?
Reporting to the Chief Executive and Music Director and leading a highly dedicated team, you will work with people who are passionate about our art form and delivering extraordinary musical experiences for our audiences.
The person we are looking for will have:
· Demonstrated success in working with a Music Director (or similar role) to develop an annual artistic program to broaden audience reach and contribute to the organisation’s sustainability
· Demonstrated experience in leading community engagement and education initiatives in an arts organisation
· An inclusive and collaborative leadership style that builds motivation and team commitment
· Strong networks in the performing arts both within Australia and internationally
· Tertiary qualifications in music or a relevant discipline
To view the Position Description, please visit www.qso.com.au/employment You can apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter from our website.
For further enquiries, please call Robert Miller, Director – Human Resources, on 0061 7 3833 5011. Applications close COB 29 June 2017.
No unsolicited recruitment agencies CVs will be accepted.