Website Cleveland Insitute of Music
The Cleveland Institute of Music seeks a dynamic, committed, artist-teacher to serve as Principal Conductor of the CIM Orchestra and Director of the Orchestral Program.
As Principal Conductor of the CIM Orchestra, the conductor:
- Conducts all CIM Orchestra concerts, with the exception of the concerts led by guest conductors
- Selects repertoire for all concerts
- Oversees assignments and seating for all concerts and reading sessions
- Assists students in audition preparation
- Takes active participation in sectional rehearsals lead by faculty members from The Cleveland Orchestra
- Prepares the orchestra for guest conductors
- Serves as conductor for CIM Women’s Committee benefit concert
As Director of the Orchestral Program, the conductor also maintains a small studio of M.M. conducting students. Instruction includes meetings with smaller ensembles, as well as with the CIM Orchestra, yearly degree recital preparation, and preparation for auditions, interviews, and competitions.
The successful candidate will be a superb and experienced orchestral conductor and teacher. Significant professional conducting experience and college/conservatory teaching experience are required. A graduate degree in music is preferred. The successful candidate will bring the experience and commitment to the highest levels of artistry and teaching to fulfill CIM’s mission to “empower the world’s most talented classical music students to fulfill their dreams and potential.” The successful candidate will find that the CIM community is committed to instruction and performance at the highest level and devoted to its students and their professional success.
Cover letter, vita and a list of three references should be sent via email to Brian Sweigart, chair of the search committee, by January 12, 2018. The review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Cleveland Institute of Music is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer; we support and practice non-discrimination in all areas of employment regarding gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or military status.
Click here for more information