Website The West Kowloon
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you are responsible for:
- Leading all aspects of the Performing Arts Division to ensure West Kowloon Cultural District Authority delivers its objective to build a thriving, world-class arts and cultural district;
- Engaging actively with the Performing Arts Committee and stakeholders to ensure productive partnerships and maximum support to artistic projects and programmes;
- Overseeing strategic business direction for the Performing Arts Division to ensure the different venues’ operation and business models are developed and executed to sustainably support the unique artistic vision of each performing arts venue;
- Providing strong organisational leadership and strategic planning to set the overall vision and direction for each performing arts venue, including Xiqu Centre, Freespace, the Art Park, the Lyric Theatre Complex and the yet-to-be developed facilities including the Music Centre; and
- Overseeing strategic links with international and local institutions to support our venues’ global standing within the financial, governance and operations areas of performing arts management.
The ideal candidate should:
- possess a recognised university degree or equivalent;
- possess ideally 20 years of relevant experience in organisations related to performing arts, education or culture, of which 10 years at a senior management/executive capacity/level. Experience with/exposure gained from multinational or sizable organisations is preferred;
- have exceptional ability to manage organisations from startup to operations and grow businesses, ideally with fundraising experience;
- possess high level artistic and executive management experience and a business and entrepreneurial mindset;
- have excellent communication and ambassadorial skills, and the ability to effectively interact with people at all levels of the organisation; and
- be fluent in English and Chinese, ability to read and write Chinese is highly desirable
For interested parties, please send in your application letter along with your CV outlining your suitability for the role, expected salary and earliest availability. Applications will be considered until the post is filled. Please quote the name of the position to: Jenny Chung/Johnson Chow, Korn Ferry, 15/F., St. George’s Building, 2 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong or apply via WKCDA-EDPA@kornferry.com
Applicants who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation about four weeks from the submission of an application.
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. All related information will be kept up to 24 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
For more information, please visit http://careers.westkowloon.hk/jobsearch/ or contact Jenny Chung/Johnson Chow of Korn Ferry at +(852) 2971 2700