Website New World Youth Orchestras
Reports to: Board of Directors
Position summary: The New World Youth Orchestras (Indianapolis, IN) is seeking a full-time Executive Director with experience in arts management and music education. The position will start in May 2017. Responsibilities include managing all administrative aspects of the organization, including fund raising, education outreach, marketing, and communication. See below for full list of duties.
Required Qualifications: College degree with 3 years of arts administration experience. Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to work weekends.
Desired Qualifications: Experience in music education is preferred.
Knowledge of QuickBooks and Salesforce is desired.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Salary and benefits are competitive and are commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter, resume, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
New World Youth Orchestras. Attn: Executive Director Search, 32 E. Washington Street, Suite 950, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Please, no phone calls.
About the New World Youth Orchestras
Founded in 1982, the New World Youth Orchestras is a non-profit organization based in Indianapolis, Indiana comprised of three, separate youth orchestras: Concert, Philharmonic, and Symphony Orchestra. Annual membership is approximately 220 and is made up of young musicians from all over the state of Indiana with an age range of 10-18. NWYO is in residence at Butler University in Indianapolis and performs regular concerts at the Hilbert Circle Theatre, home of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
In partnership with local arts organizations and universities, NWYO offers professional coachings, masterclasses, lectures, and special projects for its members. Additionally, music education classes such as music theory, music history, and chamber music are offered.
The mission of the New World Youth Orchestras is to develop the musical talent of young people in Indianapolis and central Indiana through quality music education and the rehearsal and performance of orchestral masterworks, both traditional and contemporary.
For more information, please visit www.nwyso.org, as well as our Facebook page, New World Youth Orchestras.
- Maintain the business office, website, email, constituent and donor databases
- Purchase equipment and supplies according to budget and approved procedures
- Communicate regularly with the treasurer regarding bills, payments, deposits, etc.
- Make preparations for incoming endowment
- Set the season schedule in collaboration with the Artistic Director
- Maintain relationships and communicate effectively with all vendors, public schools, private teachers, etc.
- Manage and coordinate parent volunteers for various operational activities
- Organize and attend auditions
- Organize and attend concerts
- Organize and supervise annual Young Artist Competition
- Supervise and support directors and staff (interns, graduate assistants, etc.)