Sitka Music Festival
The Sitka Music Festival is seeking a new Executive Director (ED) who will have overall accountability and responsibility for the management of the organization. Reporting to the SMF Board of Directors, the ED will be instrumental in guiding the organization to achieve the goals set forth in its recent strategic plan; engaging and managing up to three staff members; and serving as a visible representative of SMF to the broader community. S/he will be actively involved in fundraising and will work in collaboration with SMF Artistic Director Zuill Bailey.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated success in fundraising
- Proven leadership and management experience preferably in the performing arts or in the nonprofit sector
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships with board members, donors, audience members, other external constituents and collaborative partners
- Proven financial acumen
- A passion for great music and its potential to inspire through performance and education
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and visionary leader with a passion for music and the performing arts. S/he will be a self-starter and possess a high level of initiative, creativity, and energy. The ability to work independently is a must, as well as the ability to work with staff and volunteers to plan and execute a complex program of work. The successful candidate must be willing to be based in Alaska.
Compensation, including benefits, is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Search Committee is now accepting nominations, inquiries, and applications for the position of Executive Director. This position will remain open until filled by the Board of Directors. Applicant review will begin upon receipt and will continue until the Executive Director is named. Inquiries should be directed to email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Please visit our website at sitkamusicfestival.org.
Sitka Music Festival/Alaska Classics is an equal opportunity employer.