Website Florentine Opera Company
Wisconsin’s oldest fully professional performing arts organization, the Florentine Opera, has been bringing a little bit of the world to Milwaukee since 1933. We’re on a journey of discovery, exploring the glory of the human voice. We’re a powerhouse for all different voices and stories, which have endured through the centuries and resonate with our humanity and passion. We’re a live, supersized experience, created in-the-moment through theater, staging, lighting, lavish costumes, and beautiful song, bringing you the most immersive and all-encompassing artistic experience possible.
We seek a dynamic and goal-oriented storyteller to design, measure and manage programmatic marketing, design, ticketing and revenue strategy, as well as overseeing the box office. Additional responsibilities include managing events.
The Director of Marketing will successfully:
- Craft and execute strategic plans to achieve audience retention and engagement goals, meet sales targets, and expand customer base; set metrics related to those goals, and report on progress to the GD/CEO and board of directors.
- Supervise box office manager; maintain database with the box office manager and development team.
- Coordinate and shape PR efforts
- Manage and measure social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) and website
- Select, direct (briefs and metrics), and contract marketing subcontractors
- Document, plan and track all campaigns and projects.
- Generate effective group sales packages.
- Oversee contractor and community relationships.
- Support relationships with board members, and lead marketing committee.
- Work closely with Development staff to recognize donors.
- Build cultivation/stewardship events, coordinating with the other teams as well as the event chairs. For the annual fundraising events, this includes vendor and committee management.
- Represent the Florentine Opera as an ambassador at various performances and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: General Director and CEO
Type of Employment: Salaried, Exempt
An equal opportunity employer, the Florentine is committed to fostering an environment in which employees from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive.
Submit your cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Attn:Marketing Director Position.
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 2-3 Years
- Required Travel: 0-10%
- Salary: $60,000.00 – $72,000.00 (Yearly Salary)